Re: [Xen-users] start a guest stop after NET: Registered protocol family

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] start a guest stop after NET: Registered protocol family 1 Starting domainU stops after NET: Registered protocol family 17 (but domainU is created)
From: Rafi Gordon <rafigordon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:08:19 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:06:40 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

My problem was probably because I had 2 versions of python;
I should have deleted the old one and only than install the new 2.4 one,
Now everything is ok and I am able to create domain0, so for the benefit
of othes, here is a description of what I found out:

You said:

> Nothing in either the tools/console or tools/python/xen directory
> generates such a message in the latest hg.

 The problem has to do with some legacy python libraries which
I had ; following your remark above that there is no such message
in the new xen version , and considering the fact that I had
installed the last mercurial version  , I scanned my disk where these
remnants are ; I found it at last at /usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages;
there was a "xen" folder beneath with old code.
There was there also a new mercurial folder which I left as it is.
It seems to me that the new mercurial version was installed under:
/usr/lib/python/xen.

Probably this is because what I should NOT have done - mixing
python versions.

Regards,
Rafi Gordon,