Re: [Xen-users] Can't poweroff my pc after install xen domain0 kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Can't poweroff my pc after install xen domain0 kernel
From: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 11:02:33 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:00:54 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 08 August 2005 10:45, lepton wrote:
> Hi!
>       I have tried xen, it is a great software.
>       But I found I can't poweroff my linux pc when I am using xen
>       domain0 Kernel.
>       With a normal kernel build with ACPI, I can power off my pc.
>       With a xen domain0 kernel, I can't power off it.
>
>       Is this a special issue when I am using xen?
>
>       I am using xen stable 2.0.7. My linux distribition is Debian
>       sarge

To quote a mail from Mark on the same subject:

--------
On Tuesday 02 August 2005 15:38, Mark Williamson wrote:

> APM / ACPI poweroff aren't supported under Xen 2.0, however it should work
> under 3.0 with its enhanced ACPI support (it might even work now with
> -unstable but that's not really production ready yet).
--------

/Ernst
--
confessMEDiA GmbH | Siemensstrasse 1 | 93055 Regensburg | Germany

phone: +49.941.56814-123 | fax: +49.941.56814-299
email: e.bachmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | internet: http://www.confessMEDiA.com