[Xen-users] (no subject)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: Alexander <alex@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:23:55 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 16:26:23 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi everyone, I'm getting the following boot error, when installing xen-unstable on a dual opteron 246 machine, with a Tyan 2881 Motherboard, 4GB RAM, SATA Drive and ReiserFS filesystem. The machine is a Fedora Core 4. I installed the i386 FC4 on the dual opteron, I didn't want the 64bit yet. All my binaries are 32bit and I'm compiling it all with 32bit too. After downloading xen-unstable, I did make world and make install. I'm not using gcc4, I'm using gcc 3.2.3, it works fine, the compiling is without any problems. I put the following in my grub.conf:
title Fedora Core-up (Xen 3.0)
      root (hd0,0)
      kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=262144
module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 root=/dev/sda1 ro console=tty0 I didn't put an initrd image yet because I wanted to see if Xen will boot at all, but once the machine restarts, after xen.gz it tries to load vmlinuz-2.6-xen0 and gives the following error: Error 4: Bad or incompatible header in the compressed file. It doesn't boot after that, gives me the option to go back to grub menu and choose a different boot option where I start back to my default FC4 installation. Any idea why this would happen? I have a feeling xen.gz is loading fine, but the dom0 kernel is giving that error.
Thanks,
Alex