RE: [Xen-users] Backup strategy

>> Unfortunately I have had to stop using LVM snapshots.  It
>> seems since I got to the point of having quite a few
>> snapshots active, there are stability issues.  In the last
>> two months, on mounting a snapshot LV the mount command has
>> just hung and so have all accesses to the LV that the
>> snapshot is being made from.  That kills a domU and prevents
>> it from being started again.  To get out of that I've had to
>> reboot dom0.
>
> I think the folks at RH would be interested to hear of such problems
> with LVM, and there's a good chance they'll be fixed. Try emailing
> Alasdair G Kergon.
>
> Ian

I'm been planning to use the same solution for domU backups, e.g.
lvm-snapshots, and I'm very interested in any solution to the problem.
We are using TSM (Tivoli Storage Management) as backup solution, and the
license count (read: money) would be rather large if each domU should have
a client installed. I would prefer to do it all from dom0.
How are all of You (xen-users) managing backup of Your domU's ??

Thanks,
Jorgen