Re: [Xen-users] xenU root device problem

> Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> VFS: Cannot open root device "sda1" or unknown-block(2,0)
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(2,0)

> Configuration file:
> disk = [ 'file:/var/local/xen/xmtest1/sda1,sda1,w' ]
> disk = [ 'file:/var/local/xen/xmtest1/sda2,sda2,w' ]
> root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
>
> Xen and kernels are 2.0.6 prebuild binaries. I also tried to install
> from source or to use hda? instead of sda? with the same results.
Sorry to state the obvious, but does the file you are trying to use
(/var/local/xen/xmtest1/sda1) exist? What kernel are you trying to start
in your domU? You left that part of the config file out of your post. If
it is the kernel built to run in dom0, it probably has the filesystem
support you need built as a module (perhaps one of the people involved
with the builds can confirm or refute this), in which case you would
need to use an initrd or change the config to use a kernel built for a
domU.

--
"The  rules  of  programming  are  transitory;  only  Tao  is  eternal.
 Therefore you  must contemplate Tao before you receive  enlightenment."