[Xen-users] network routing

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] network routing
From: Philip Plane <philip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:34:55 +1200
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:33:33 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am having trouble with using a routing config.

In /etc/xend/xend-config.sxp I have altered network-script and
vif-script to use network-route and vif-route as indicated in the
comments.

The vif-route script has 169.254.1.0/32 hardcoded, which I don't
understand. I end up with this on vif1.0, and the locally configured
IP on my xen instances local eth0, but no way to route between them.

What I want to achieve is e.g.

192.168.1.184/29 network
192.168.1.185 used by dom0
192.168.1.186 to 192.168.1.190 used by my 5 domains.

The server has a different IP to connect to the upstream router.

Anyone have an example config they could share?

--
Philip Plane