Re: [Xen-users] SMP support - not working!

To: Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] SMP support - not working!
From: Shahzad Chohan <shahzad.chohan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:45:33 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:44:38 +0000
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 7/21/05, Ernst Bachmann <e.bachmann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 July 2005 14:28, Shahzad Chohan wrote:
> > I'm trying to work on multiple things, basically in this case when I
> > boot up with the 2.6.11 xen kernel, it only see's one cpu, I thought
> > that xen by default was smp enabled. How can I enable smp support for
> > the xen0 kernel?
>
> xen is smp enabled, but only the hypervisor itself, not the guests.
> so if you have 4 CPUs, you can run 4 guests and each will have its own CPU,
> but (currently) you can't assign more than one CPU to a guest.
>
> Its a planned feature however, maybe its working in some xen-unstable
> snapshots ...

Hi

Sorry what I meant was that after bootup into the xen0 kernel I can
only see 1 cpu, I've attached my cpu list below. This server has two
spu's but only on eis being shown

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz
stepping        : 5
cpu MHz         : 3065.877
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : yes
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic mtrr mca cmov pat pse36
clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
bogomips        : 6121.06

Any ideas?

Thanks
Shaz