Re: [Xen-users] Xen 2.0 and LVM

> * Has the dom0 memory size effect on the performance (e.g.some caching)?
> I.e. can I keep it as small as 64MB just for the basic functions of dom0
> or should I increase it?

The guest will do it's own caching, so this shouldn't matter.  You don't want
to make dom0 too small but you'll probably get away with 64MB OK.  128MB
should certainly be OK if dom0 isn't running any high-load services.

> * What if I use real partitions - do the data go straight from domU to
> the disk or will they traverse dom0 as well?
> * And last question (the most promissing one) - can I tell xen (2.0.6)
> to let domU see the _whole_ disks (e.g. hdb, hdc) and let domU handle
> LVM itself?

You can't avoid going through dom0 unless you give control of an IDE
controller to a domU.  I'd say it's pretty unlikely to be worthwhile, though
- you shouldn't have major performance issues with virtualising through dom0.

Cheers,
Mark