Re: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Why my system only use 3.3G memory ?

On 8 Jul 2005, at 09:58, Petersson, Mats wrote:

You can work around this by running Xen 3.0, but the Xen 3.0 is yet to be released, so it's not suitable for production environments. It does, however, support both 64-bit and PAE addressing of the memory, depending on the type of processor you have.

Obviously, even with PAE, you will not be able to use ALL of the 4GB, because some of it will be mapped to the PCI hardware devices. But any "hole" between devices in the PCI map can be mapped in as RAM, so the kernel could possibly use up the gaps in the space with memory from above 4GB, rather than just "loosing" it.

The PAE support isn't fully baked yet anyway. We're waiting on fixed-up PAE patches for XenLinux from Gerd Knorr. Should be happening 'real soon now'. ;-)

 -- Keir