Re: [Xen-users] Xen and ways to install

Am Dienstag, den 19.04.2005, 13:24 +0200 schrieb Nils Toedtmann:
> 3) Mount the empty rootdir for the new installation and install the rpm
> packages into it. "rpm" itself cannot resolve dependancies (so it's
> package list has to be "dependancy-complete"), but yum and apt-for-rpm
> can:
>
>   rpm    --root           $ROOTDIR $COMPLETE_LIST_OF_RPM_PACKAGES
>
>   yum    --installroot    $ROOTDIR $LIST_OF_RPM_PACKAGES
>
>   apt-get -o RPM::RootDir=$ROOTDIR $LIST_OF_RPM_PACKAGES

The actual install commands are obviously missing :(

  rpm     --root          $RootDir --install $packagelist
  yum     --installroot   $RootDir   install $packagelist
  apt-get -o RPM::RootDir=$RootDir   install $packagelist

You may need to put some basic files (like /dev/null, /etc/fstab) into
the rootdir first; rpm probably needs to initialised before:

  rpm --root $RootDir --initdb

> After doing so, create/edit the usual files (fstab, hosts, resolv.conf,
> inittab, network-configuration, ...), rename /lib/tls, umount & boot.

/nils.