[Xen-ia64-devel] RE: paravirt_ops support in IA64

To: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>, <linux-ia64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: paravirt_ops support in IA64
From: "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:52:30 +0800
Cc: Jack Steiner <steiner@xxxxxxx>, jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, kvm-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avi Kivity <avi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Robin Holt <holt@xxxxxxx>, xen-ia64-devel <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christoph Lameter <clameter@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:52:47 -0800
Sender: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dong, Eddie wrote:

>       In X86, there are another enhancement (dynamic patching) base on
> pv_ops. The purpose is to improve cpu predication by converting
> indriect function call to direct function call for both C & ASM code.
> We may take similar approach some time later too.
>
>       We really need advices from community before we jump into
coding.
>       CC some active members that I though may be interested in pv_ops
> since KVM-IA64 mailinglist doesn;t exist yet.

Hi, Eddie

we just created the kvm-ia64-devel mailing list, and cc to the guys from
this list who maybe interested in this topic.
If you or other guys who are interested in kvm-ia64-devel or pv_virt_ops
for ia64, please subscribe it here

http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Lists%2C_IRC

Xiantao