[Xen-devel] Re: HYBRID: gnttab_map() to map shared frames..

To: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: HYBRID: gnttab_map() to map shared frames..
From: Mukesh Rathor <mukesh.rathor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:18:10 -0700
Cc: Ian, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 19:19:42 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jeremy,

You have any thoughts on this? This is basically for hybrid running
autotranslate paging mode.  I am trying to figure how to get unmapped
pfns to map shared grant table page/s from xen. HVM does this via
pci_resource_start() and gets io remapped address. However, in case of
pure PV, I am not sure how feasible this approach would be.

Is there way I can reserve few pfn's above max_pfn and use those
for my XENMAPSPACE_grant_table call?

thanks,
Mukesh