Re: [Xen-devel] dmidecode doesn't work under xen 4.1.1 on certain hardwa

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 04:25:37PM +0100, Anthony Wright wrote:

> >> Sorry it panicked :-(
> >> I've attached two photos of the two flavours of panic & a copy of the
> >> config.
> > No serial console? Did it panic when you booted as baremetal?
> Sorry - no serial console - I hadn't really intended to become part
> kernel hacker!! We're looking for leads to see if we can set it up, but
> I'm going to have to look through the attic into some old dusty boxes...

I just realized that you can run netconsole - so no need for serial console.

But.. <scratches his head> I am really baffled by this. None of the patches
in #linux-next do anything there.

Please do try to run v3.1-rc8 (or v3.1-rc9) and see if that fails? If it does
then we can try to play a bit of bisection game and figure out what caused this
mayhem.

Is your motherboard easily bought online?