Re: [Xen-devel] cap and reservation functionality in the credit2 schedul

To: George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] cap and reservation functionality in the credit2 scheduler?
From: Eunbyung Park <silverbottlep@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 21:59:34 +0900
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 06:03:30 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=I1gocqCMZxMaTr89FTNVm419FDb8rbEpPdOgCRpa6v4=; b=mIyTFl1mF10f+5AJKdr9QrWdQbGj/pKMmOGhJ/FiAxQs7crum2dbKophbPQ2SX2zF1 MC/SMKToyKsJ/zpUSLUL3xiuutcf7GUpDjLOhX8hhHBlkNLFECwwkb5S0lbwU47mR/NW MpWYyfI8CADNw45nCy9R9ELxnJpwiRPi69fho=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I hope that doesn't sound too harsh, but the fact is that the scheduler
is probably one of the most deceptively simple parts of the Xen code.
It requires a lot of expertise to know even how to avoid race conditions
and deadlock, not to mention making a simple algorithm which has the
desired effects without undesirable side effects.  (The shadow code is
probably more complicated, for example, but it *looks* more complicated,
so people don't end up in over their head.)  I wouldn't be doing either
you or me a favor by encouraging you to work on something past your
capability level.
It was too harsh comments. just kidding~~:)

Anyway, nowadays, I am working on the project which is related with the xen scheduler. Actually, I do not have enough expertise yet, however, I am very interested and excited at the xen source code and I am a little bit more getting used to it. I hope that I would completely understand the all of the mechanisms soon and hack the xen source.

Thanks, george.

--
Best Regards,
Eunbyung Park