RE: [Xen-devel] virbr0/bridge: No such file or directory, rhel6 bridge-u

> - do you have ip_forwarding (routing) enabled in dom0?

No. That was not mentioned or required according to your tutorial.

> - How are your firewall rules in dom0?

Disabled

> - Is dnsmasq running?
No, dsnmasq was not running. I started dnsmasq, but didn't solve the problem.

> - Do you see domU dhcp requests in system logs (from dnsmasq) ?

No. I always set dhcp off. I use static ips.

> - After the domU is started run "brctl show" - is the domU vif connected to
> virbr0 bridge?

It showed:

bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
virbr0 8000.feffffffffff yes

> - Run "tcpdump -i virbr0 -nn" - do you see the traffic from the vm?
> - Does the domU get an IP?

Nope.

Why Xen v4.x is so buggy and difficult to deal with? I didn't have these
problems using version 3.x. Does that mean v4 in still in beta?

We are planning to use v4 on a production server. Can we trust this system?