Re: [Xen-devel] GPU passthrough

To: Greg Shieh <greg.shieh@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] GPU passthrough
From: Alex Merritt <merritt.alex@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:34:42 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 16:35:54 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=zBLUcdx1MBEtZo38trMGtnuG8puBIanK+IQtYoAGtpo=; b=gVgcFYuMrgPUOZWQgrg/NDEFiJCwdgqv8/bA42wSxK040BcotNKmLbdtFc8ufpwYXW +ZhBfuW3VEmft7HYVg62STyCe+DT1VJFhVzstVX5jZMwlfLeCJbsg2YE2naVweTiGxP1 7yL1IbVjG9BXc4OnRktoN7Q97KKCtBb0klTy8=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Greg,

What are you intending to use the GPU for? Graphics or non-graphical
computations?

I was able to pass a GPU through to an HVM guest (not
para-virtualized). I have not tested graphics, but was able to
successfully run CUDA programs.

-Alex