Re: [Xen-devel] USB disk corruption on Xen 4.1.0 & Linux 2.6.38.7

To: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] USB disk corruption on Xen 4.1.0 & Linux 2.6.38.7
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 10:23:49 -0400
Cc: Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 07:25:11 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Does the issue go away if you limit the total amount of memory visible to
> > xen to 4GB? (mem=4096M on the xen command line)
> >
> > If so, I suspect this is a swiotlb or latent UHCI driver issue. The easiest
> > way of working around it is just to ensure all > dom0 memory gets allocated
> > below 4GB, but it would be good to investigate properly.
>
> Yes! I put mem=4096M on the xen command line as asked and everything starts
> working as it should yea!

<scratches his head> This is most unexpected. Do you get the same problem if
you boot
baremetal and do 'iommu=soft' (without the mem=4G)? You should see the same
error.
Can you attach your lspci -vvv output too please? This is the motherboard you
have right?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131613