RE: [Xen-devel] Re: system freeze when processor.ko is loaded

>>> On 12.04.11 at 19:27, "Wang, Winston L" <winston.l.wang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would you double test patch before pulling in? we need to check both the old
> failed processor and the current one. And what's the power idle power impact.

I'll surely test the patch on the systems I have available, but for
the moment I'm still waiting to see whether it actually fixes the
problem at hand.

As to the power idle impact - I don't think that matters here. There's
not going to be a change on unaffected CPUs, and on affected ones
we want them to be able to boot at all - caring of power savings is
clearly secondary (and honestly I don't think anyone wants to waste
cycles on improving this for the few old processors that are still out
there and that Xen is being run on).

Jan