Re: [Xen-devel] Re: dom0 serial input overruns

To: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: dom0 serial input overruns
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 11:27:10 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:28:05 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> the boot loader).  However, this lossage isn't accompanied by any

Oooh, strange.
> warning.  I hope this answers your question.  I also run the exact same
> hardware configuration without Xen, and the Linux console is perfectly
> solid in that case (like it should under hardware flow control).  As an

OK.

> illustration, here's the serial output of querying ioapic info on the
> Xen console:

Can you do '*' in the debug console. There are some other ones that I
curious. Mainly what the IRQ 4 in your Linux dom0 maps to what vector.
Looking at your IOAPIC output:

> (XEN)  NR Log Phy Mask Trig IRR Pol Stat Dest Deli Vect:
> (XEN)  04 001 01  0    0    0   0   0    1    1    38

it should be going to the first CPU (CPU 0), but I am not sure about
the other flags... We had some issue with Xen 4.0 where IRQs below
16 would not be set correctly. It would only go to the first CPU
instead of being broadcast to all of them. Look for a thread from 'M A Young'
about keyboard issues.

.. If you boot just baremetal (so no Xen) and you give it 'apic=debug'
it should print the IOAPIC output. Can you see what this? I am
very curious to see if GSI 4 has similar looking flags set (the vector
value is going to be different)