Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Desktop

Please don't top post.

On Wed, 2011-03-16 at 19:26 +0000, Srujan Kotikela wrote:

> Yes, I did.

You didn't actually boot Xen though, your log contains:

Mar 16 04:36:15 xen kernel: [    0.000000] Booting paravirtualized kernel on
bare hardware

I wonder if this is because your grub stanza contains
        multiboot ....xen....
        linux ....vmlinuz....
        initrd ....initrd....
and the "linux" statement (which means boot a native Linux kernel) takes
precedence over the "multiboot" statement (which means boot a multiboot
kernel, possibly with a series of extra modules).

I think you probably need to use something of this form instead:
        multiboot ....xen....
        module ....vmlinuz....
        module ...initrd....

IOW your mistake is that the "linux" statement does not add extra
modules to a "multiboot" kernel -- it is a top level kernel loader
command thing in its own right. "module" is the correct syntax for
adding additional multiboot modules.

Ian.