Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Features scheduled for the 2.6.39 merge window

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Features scheduled for the 2.6.39 merge window
From: Sander Eikelenboom <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:06:25 +0100
Cc: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 09:06:59 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Konrad,

> On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:34:03PM +0100, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:
>> Hello Ian,
>>
>> Friday, March 11, 2011, 12:03:39 PM, you wrote:

>> > Konrad posted a state of the world for this last night, see the thread
>> > "2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go in)"

>> > I'm afraid you are rather out of luck in that respect :-(

>> > Not planned for 2.6.39.

>> > Under review on the netdev list, might still make it.

>> > Not planned for 2.6.39.
>>
>> > FWIW blkback, netback and pciback all have relatively clean branches
>> > which could be pulled in for testing purposes though.
>>
>> Hmmm looking at Konrad's git tree, the master tree seems to be just that in
>> this case :-)
>> Will try it later this weekend.

> Yeah, except that it does not work right now with legacy IRQ (like USB
> devices)
> passthrough - just found out about that yesterday when I started running it
> through the paces.

> But it works fine for PV, HVM, and Dom 0 case.

Ok I will give it a spin then and will leave the passthrough VM's out.
Good to know about the legacy IRQ problem, and a bit unfortunate that the
msi-irq patches for ohci/ehci controllers didn't make it in, due to objection
of Greg KH, since he saw no direct advantages.

Will let you know how it went ..

--
Sander