[Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: 2.6.39 merge window (git pulls and what is planned to go in)
From: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:00:38 +0000
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stabellini <Stefano.Stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel De Graaf <dgdegra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 03:02:04 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> Probably over the weekend Linus is going to open the merge window.
>
> This merge window is much more complicated than the previous
> one b/c we got a lot of good stuff.
>
> For my sanity and book-keeping I was thinking to email Linus
> five git pull requests:
>
>   for-2.6.39/e820
>       [stable/p2m-identity-v4.9.1, stable/e820]
>   for-2.6.39/irq
>       [tip/for-xen, stable/irq.rework, stable/pcifront-fixes,
> stable/irq.cleanup]
>   for-2.6.39/cleanup
>       [stable/ia64, stable/blkfront-cleanup, stable/cleanup]
>   for-2.6.39/drivers
>       [stable/gntalloc.v6, stable/backends]
>
> .. and then during the next week of the two weeks merge window:
>   for-2.6.39/irq.phase.two
>       [stable/irq.fairness, stable/irq.ween_of_nr_irqs]
>
> In this order or so.
>
> In other trees by other maintainers we have:
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git has
>     stable/ttm.pci-api.v4 [Makes radeon,nouveau work under Xen]
>
>   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/wim/linux-2.6-watchdog.git has
>     xen watchdog [Xen watchdog is watching you..]
>
>  git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/linux-pvhvm.git has
>     xen suspend cleanups
>     PVonHVM improvements - makes spinlocks be PV aware, balloon in HVM
>

> The things that are not on this list are:
>
>  devel/balloon [Daniel Kipers' cleanup of balloon code]
>  devel/balloon.v2 [above, plus Daniel De Graaf's cleanup of balloon and using
>               them in gntalloc]
>  devel/gntalloc.v7 [cleanup in gntalloc]
>  devel/fb_kb_front_use_page_gref [Daniel De Graaf's modifications]
>
> Which we could squeeze in the end of the merge window if we
> are comfortable with the patches.

I am still tracking few critical bug fixes that should go in the tip
tree or the pci tree:

Stefano Stabellini (2):
      xen: set max_pfn_mapped to the last pfn mapped
      xen: update mask_rw_pte after kernel page tables init changes
      acpiphp: set current_state to D0 in register_slot

Yinghai Lu (1):
      x86: Cleanup highmap after brk is concluded

Ian Campbell (1):
      acpiphp: assume device is in state D0 after powering on a slot.