[Xen-devel] DL120G5 specific problem

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] DL120G5 specific problem
From: Andrey Korolyov <andrey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 02:41:12 +0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 03:24:41 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am experiencing strange problem about two old proliants using 2.6.32-5-xen-amd64 and xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64-4.0.1-1 from squeeze repo with same hw config. They freezes on reboot(exactly, after printing 'restarting system') and may be booted up again only over ilo or by hands.

Here is parts of dmi info:

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
        Vendor: HP
        Version: O22
        Release Date: 11/13/2008
        Address: 0xE6820
        Runtime Size: 104416 bytes
        ROM Size: 2048 kB
Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 10 bytes
Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: Wistron Corporation
        Product Name: ProLiant DL120 G5
        Version:      NA
        Serial Number: 0123456789

As i guess problem comes with device which using proprietary firmware Dell Broadcom NetXtreme II Dual Port:
​​01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 20)
because third server with same config but without this card reboots well.

The servers was old and cards was relatively old so this report may be not useful as well.

Thanks!