Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough and shared interrupts

To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pci-passthrough and shared interrupts
From: Ritu kaur <ritu.kaur.us@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:48:35 -0700
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:49:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=G1Q6AD6TnKpVIU8USjtiN4ir02o7nMSyVNmZfJ0x8+c=; b=gr2ItdrUvQ3kVGFC3T8GqzCM8TeHIwGwm5v1eegTBtZb2P1uouDCODhW7oKgmQL6Wp 2hWMNgooH0VqLgPBxbXm7C5d33tlLaEHa6CuPxo4SssIIJQydJNkptdD1dkVAcsfxcap dxpod1S3zVTHB/410bPi+5UfyllDf8IK2HHHQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Konrad. Additional Q below

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 03:17:29PM -0700, Ritu kaur wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Couple of months back when we were testing xcp 0.1.1 and pci passthrough we
> ran into issues when pci-passthrough enabled device shared interrupts with
> another controller(in our case interrupt was shared between ide controller
> and our nic). At that time Ian Campbell suggested backporting event-channel
> changes from pvops to 2.6.27 kernel. Have two questions related to this
>
> 1. I am thinking of porting the changes now but wanted to check if it has
> been addressed?

I've added some patches in the pvops tree that make this work. You would
essentially have to backport the pciback driver to the XCP
infrastructure. And you might have to backport the event channels as
well, not sure about that.

 I will take a look at the patches.

> 2. Will shared interrupts be a problem for pci-e slots as well?

No.

So if I have XCP + NIC installed in pci-e slot and interrupts shared with another device, pci passthrough should work fine, is this correct?

Thanks
-Ritu