Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IRQs, move_in_progress, -EBUSY &c

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: IRQs, move_in_progress, -EBUSY &c
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:12:57 +0100
Cc: Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 12:13:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 11/08/2010 20:06, "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Looks like there are other callers of __assign_irq_vector() which also
> don't handle the -EBUSY return value, namely
> xen/arch/x86/io_apic.c:set_desc_affinity().

Looks like its callers do the same as on native Linux though -- namely
silently bail on error. I think the set_affinity type callers are pretty
benign if they fail-as-noop. In all of this, where possible I think we just
have to stay close to what Linux does.

 -- Keir