Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot access memory beyond end of bootstrap direct-map

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Cannot access memory beyond end of bootstrap direct-map area
From: Florian Wagner <f_wagner@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:32:38 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 02:33:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> Okay, please try the attached patch. You only need to
> >> rebuild/install the hypervisor itself (xen.gz). If it works okay
> >> for you I will apply it to the next stable releases of 4.0 and 3.4.
> >
> > The patch didn't apply cleanly to the xen 3.4.2 release so I
> > modified it to do so (see attached reloc-3.4.2).
> >
> > All it did is turn the original problem into another one. I now get
> > a "elf_init: not an ELF binary" error instead.
>
> Please try the attached patch, which applies on top of the previous
> patch.

That fixed the problem. I've verified it to work with Xen 3.4.2 vanilla
as well as the Xen package from Debian squeeze (3.4.2 with additional
patches).

Thank you!

Regards
Florian Wagner

--------------

Florian Wagner
Abteilung EDV
Telefon: 0821 / 4201 - 453
Fax: 0821 / 4201 - 411
E-Mail: f_wagner@xxxxxxxxxx

Syscomp Biochemische Dienstleistungen GmbH
August-Wessels-Straße 5, 86154 Augsburg
Postfach 102506, 86015 Augsburg
Telefon: 0821 / 4201 - 0
Fax: 0821 / 417992