Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] pci passthrough and Xenserver

Please don't cross-post.

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 01:29 +0000, Ritu kaur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had additional questions(I re-read the Assign_hardware...), and I
> don't quite follow it completely. The config given is for dom0, it
> doesn't have any information as to what domU will get access to this
> pci device? Do I need to change config in domU as well, document
> doesn't say anything about it. Furthermore, in the document I see
> references to "xm pci-list-assignable-devices" cli's, however, XCP
> comes with xe tool-stack, does it come with similar pci commands? I am
> yet to install XCP, but wanted to check.

With XenAPI you can set the VM.other-config:pci key to a comma separated
bus-device-function as seen in domain 0. For example to pass device
0000:07:10.0 through to a guest try:

xe vm-param-set uuid=<uuid> other-config:pci=0000:07:10.0

You may need to manually load the pciback module first.

Ian.