Re: [Xen-devel] Where are all the pvops branches?

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Where are all the pvops branches?
From: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 19:11:11 +0000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:11:53 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 2010-03-06 at 19:01 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> So I cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git but
> the result of 'git branch' is to list only xen/master, and if I try things
> like 'git checkout xen/stable' then I get told there is no such branch. What
> stupid thing am I doing wrong?

You need "git branch -r" to show remote branches.

xen/master needs to be prepended by the remote name, which defaults to
origin unless you have been doing clever things with "git remote".  Try
"git checkout -b xen/stable origin/xen/stable" to checkout
origin/xen/stable into a local branch called xen/stable.

Ian.