RE: [Xen-devel] increasing the number of guests (NR_DYNIRQS)

To: echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] increasing the number of guests (NR_DYNIRQS)
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:41:22 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Luke S Crawford <lsc@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:42:28 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IIRC from a preliminary investigation, there are some
memory allocations for which the size is determined by
multiplying by number of dynirqs.  I don't recall whether
this already results in a ("post-boottime") order>0 allocation,
but quadrupling the number might.

Not necessarily a big problem (yet), I'm just being
watchful to see that the fragmentation problem due to
dynamic order>0 allocations doesn't continue to get worse.