Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0 Feature Set

- support for a larger number of virtual CPUs per guest in the
  hypervisor (tools and pv-ops kernel are lagging afaict)
- support for a larger number of interrupt sources (i.e. big machines)
- support for bigger (potentially sparse) memory configurations

Jan

>>> Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx> 27.01.10 19:31 >>>
Developers:

I have started work on our Xen 4.0 Datasheet which will allow
customers/prospects/users to learn about the newest hypervisor offering from
Xen.org. I currently have the following list in the document:

*         Kernel Upgrade

o   PVOps Dom0 Kernel based on Linux (version number)

*         Blktap2

o   Support VHD format

o   Snapshot virtual disks

o   Command-line invocation method

*         High Availability (Project Remus & Kemari)

o   Up to date replica of a VM on backup server

*         Netchannel2

o   Lazy copy in guest

o   Support multi-queue NIC, Smart NIC, SR-IOV

*         Page Sharing

o   VMs share identical pages in memory

*         Libxenlight

o   High level operations shared across all Xen toolstacks

*         Support for Virtualization-aware Applications

*         Transcendent Memory - RAM utilization capabilities

*         Multi-function PCI pass-through

Please let me know if I missed a feature or if I need to make any changes to
this list. Thanks.

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager
T: (772) 621-5062 | F: (772) 365-0338 | M: (954) 854-4257
stephen.spector@xxxxxxx
http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr