Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 pvops crash

Keir Fraser writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 pvops crash"):
> Info on steps to reproduce this might be useful. The actual crash is in the
> swapper: presumably something poisonous happened earlier. The error Xen
> reports is essentially that a page of memory that dom0 thinks is nothing
> special is in fact in use as a page-table page.

What I did was:

  * install upstream Debian lenny amd64 with development tools
  * build xen-unstable and keep the output

  * install upstream Debian lenny i386 with development tools
  * build xen-unstable and keep the output

  * install upstream Debian lenny i386
  * install the amd64 hypervisor from above
  * install the i386 dom0 kernel and xen toolstack from above
  * reboot into this 32-on-64 environment
  * make an abortive attempt to start a Windows HVM guest (fails
     due to qemu crashing early in the startup, this is a separate
     but unrelated problem)
  * install dev tools
  * attempt to build xen-unstable with `make -j4'

Ian.