[Xen-devel] libxenlight and memory for domain creation

To: "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] libxenlight and memory for domain creation
From: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:33:53 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 09:35:05 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Stefano (and other libxenlight developers) --

I was wondering about how libxenlight does physical memory
management and perused the code a bit.

>From what I see, it appears that libxenlight is completely
ignorant of a machine's physical memory utilization, so
I assume this must be handled/managed by higher level tools?
(If I'm wrong about this, could you point me to the code
that determines if there is enough physical memory available?)

Also, I see that libxenlight handles the "memory" VM config
parameter but not "maxmem".  Is this intentional?

Thanks,
Dan