[Xen-devel] RE: About CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN

To: Gianluca Guida <gianluca.guida@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy.fitzhardinge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: About CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN
From: "Yu, Ke" <ke.yu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:05:08 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:05:41 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gianluca

Thanks for trying and reporting this issue. The root cause of the compilation
issue is found as: "when CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN is not set, the
<include/acpi/processor.h> is not included, thus the "struct acpi_processor" is
not defined, which will cause compiling error for inline function
processor_cntl_xen_prepare(struct acpi_processor *pr);"

I've worked out the attached patch, could you please try it? Thanks

For the second question, CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN control whether enabling Xen
Cx/Px power management or not. CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN depends on both
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR and CPU_FREQ, if CPU_FREQ=n, the
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_XEN will not be set, so the empty version is used and Xen
Cx/Px power management will not be enabled. This is intended usage. Anything
wrong observed in your side?

Best Regards
Ke