Re: [Xen-devel] Vt-d not working with 3.4.1

Pasi Kärkkäinen schrieb:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:45:54PM +0200, Marc - A. Dahlhaus wrote:
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) schrieb:
Dear Pasi,

I suspect that there may be some problems with the Xen 3.4.1 changeset of 6 August 2009.

The bzImage kernel image that I compiled is not a bzip2 file, hence I cannot bzcat it. If I tried to do so, it will complain that it is not a bzip2 file.

I did specify the following in my kernel configuration:

CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_BZIP2=y
CONFIG_KERNEL_BZIP2=y
CONFIG_RD_BZIP2=y
CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_BZIP2=y

When I do a "xm dmesg" command, I see the following output:

(XEN) Intel VT-d DMAR tables have been parsed.
(XEN) Intel VT-d Snoop Control not supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d DMA Passthrough not supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d Queued Invalidation not supported.
(XEN) Intel VT-d Interrupt Remapping not supported.
(XEN) I/O virtualisation enabled
(XEN) I/O virtualisation for PV guests disabled

So can I confirm that I have VT-d support enabled?

I have checked. Both bzImage and vmlinux.bin inside arch/x86/boot are NOT ELF images.

Only vmlinux and vmlinux.bin inside arch/x86/boot/compressed are ELF64 images.

However, vmlinux inside compressed cannot boot successfully.

Only vmlinux.bin inside compressed can boot successfully, and this is what I am using now.

Regarding X server (GUI) unable to start, I have a backtrace inside /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

It complains about Fatal Server error:
Caught signal 11. Server aborting.

The bzImage has nothing to do with bzip2 compression and the current dom0 loader can only decode that CONFIG_KERNEL_GZIP based image. Please change your config to use CONFIG_KERNEL_GZIP instead of CONFIG_KERNEL_BZIP2.

Actually there is a patch to support bzip2 and LZMA compression:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-08/msg00351.html
This is for the domU builder in userspace... Dom0 builder is located in xen/arch/x86/ ...

Marc