Re: [Xen-devel] Libvirt-cim provider

To: Ananth <cbananth@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Libvirt-cim provider
From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:44:19 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:44:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:46:36PM +0530, Ananth wrote:
> Can anybody give any pointers to learn more about libvirt-cim package and
> tools such as virsh. I am looking at building a manageability software in a
> layer above Xen by using the APIs provided by libvirt package.

This is probably a bit off-topic for the Xen mailing lists...

libvirt-cim  is a CIM agent written against the libvirt APi that
currently supports Xen, KVM and LXC. It implements the DMTF schema
for virtualizations, for more information about that just consult
the DMTF docs for that spec, or the libvirt-cim website at

  http://libvirt.org/CIM/

virsh is a command line tool that uses the main libvirt API directly, which
is a API below libvirt-cim. For information about libvirt in general go
to the website where there'a  variety of docs, and a link to the mailing
list where any libvirt questions are welcome

  http://libvirt.org/index.html
  http://libvirt.org/contact.html

Regards,
Daniel