Re: [Xen-devel] usb hub passthru

To: james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] usb hub passthru
From: Noboru Iwamatsu <n_iwamatsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 09:41:59 +0900
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 17:42:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

James Harper wrote:
In the current implementation of usbback, can anyone confirm if you can
plug a hub into a usb port on a physical machine and pass through the
whole hub and all devices attached to it?

Current pvusb doesn't support usbhub. When usbback claims the device,
usbhub is skipped.

The usbhub is the special device in USB system, and, the driver of
usbhub is included in the usbcore.

We have to modify the usbcore to use the usbhub, but we could not make it yet.

Regards,
Noboru