Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] qemu-xen: hot-plug PCI devices at boot-time

To: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] qemu-xen: hot-plug PCI devices at boot-time
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 10:28:24 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Masaki Kanno <kanno.masaki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Edwin Zhai <edwin.zhai@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 May 2009 02:30:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 30/05/2009 04:03, "Simon Horman" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Thanks for this.  I think it would probably make sense for me to hold
>> off applying this patch to qemu-xen for a few days to a week, to make
>> the version skew possibilities more comfortable ?
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> that sounds fine, though I think that the xend portion will also need to be
> held off as xend sendign hot-plug events for deices that xen-qemu has
> already inserted through the pt_init() code would cause an error.

Then the qemu patch needs to be applied now, and PCI hotplug is probably
temporarily broken righ tnow (since the xend patches are applied). Also we
should start using QEMU_TAG in xen-untable.hg so that any checkout of
xen-unstable will also build against a matching qemu. That will get us
bisection capability back again. We'll sort this out next week.

 -- Keir