RE: [Xen-devel] Can Xen catch the process switch in HVM guest?

To: Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>, Wu Bingzheng <wubingzheng@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Can Xen catch the process switch in HVM guest?
From: "Cui, Dexuan" <dexuan.cui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 02:23:02 +0800
Accept-language: zh-CN, en-US
Acceptlanguage: zh-CN, en-US
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 May 2009 11:25:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Why do you want to "catch the process switch in HVM guest"? What's your exact
need?
mov_to_cr3 of hvm guest can be intercepted by Xen if we don't consider the case
of HAP (e.g. EPT), but mov_to_cr3 doesn't mean necessarily process switch and
even an hvm guest may have no process at all (e.g., the DOS... :-)

BTW, if you could add a hypercall in your guest's process switch code, things
would be straightforward. :-)

Thanks,
-- Dexuan