Re: [Xen-devel] Re: privcmd_fault with WinXP

To: William Pitcock <nenolod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: privcmd_fault with WinXP
From: Michael David Crawford <mdc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 06:50:45 -0700
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 May 2009 06:51:14 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
William Pitcock wrote:
The lack of working HVM is a known issue at the moment.  It is being
worked on.  Ian Campbell has patches for it in the
git://xenbits.xensource.com/people/ianc/linux-2.6.git repository, branch
for-jeremy/privcmd.

Hot Damn.

I got the xen-tip/next sources and am using the result as my Dom0. It is from 2.6.30-r6; the xen-tip/master is rc3.

The WinXP SP3 installer booted right up! Ian's work must have been merged into xen-tip/next already.

I'm at the "Welcome to Setup" screen right now.

I am so excited!  I have NEVER been so happy to run Windoze(TM).

I've been running the unstable Dom0 for two or three weeks now, and haven't had any trouble at all with Linux itself.

I'll try BeOS 5 Pro next.  That one's a bastard to virtualize.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc@xxxxxxxxx

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen