[Xen-devel] Re: POC: ncurses in stubdom (now with hg patch set)

Ferenc Wagner, le Thu 14 May 2009 13:36:36 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Err, I was probably not clear: I meant to just copy the code, not try to
> > do Makefile contorsions to manage to compile linux files.
>
> I didn't try that.  I copied fpathconf.c into stubdom/c       and tried to
> compile it alongside main.c.  It wanted       to #include everything in the
> world and more,       so I called it a day.

I didn't mean the whole file, just the code that you need,

    case _PC_VDISABLE:
#ifdef>-_POSIX_VDISABLE
      return _POSIX_VDISABLE;
#else
      return -1;
#endif

and the fd<0 check case and default:

> >> Anyway, if it's linux specific, it should be stubdom specific as well,
> >> as I understand it.
> >
> > Actually the linux implementation is not.
>
> Fine, then.

I mean, the few lines above.

> >> columns is #defined
> >> in ncurses-x86_32/include/term.h, which breaks line 590 in
> >> stubdom/include/xen/xen.h,
> >
> > Damn.  ncurses sucks :)
> > The inversion of headers should be not so ugly, though.
>
> I feel it isn't as it is, don't you think?  Two simple changes in two
> files, to get the static library compiled, as the patches show.
>
> Anyway, maybe this stuff loses relevance.  I asked the Grub
> developers, and they were more interested in porting Grub natively to
> Xen PV than piggybacking Mini-OS.  But I couldn't find the Xen ABI
> documentation (or whatever it's called).

It's all in docs/, interface.tex notably, and xen/include/public/

> Also, the roadmap suggests that some changes are expected.

Which roadmap, where?

Samuel