[Xen-devel] ImageMagick/libgomp and 4gb seg fixup problems

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] ImageMagick/libgomp and 4gb seg fixup problems
From: "Rev. Johnny Healey" <rev.null@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:26:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:27:01 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=SxSLGq+b7+M4+OxjQfEaXmbqcg/kBRbK9r4ExlTAwjU=; b=rGBTaShyxJMe9gPTe0P6ZNXOB3Iddy8GbGeNJXW4EgI8dOYXW0L1iKIMJQnJFUaW6Q Rl/JWBKoUKRfGYgzk6DJhWQnfT5bl31juvQqQwIk27QTbpKrNF+bPHOhnzmDXNOH6XlA 7Iwjcl+XRVM7l9U8LXbXJCk44C2JaV2p063fY=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I posted this to xen-users yesterday, and they suggested that I should
repost it here:

I've been getting thousands of "4gb seg fixup" problems each day for
the past few weeks despite doing the "hwcap 0 nosegneg" fix.  After
doing a bit of digging, I've determined that they were coming from
libgomp being used by imagemagick.

I recompiled imagemagick without openmp support and the problem has
since disappeared.

I'd like to file a bug report with the developers, but at this point
I'm not sure which one is the source of the problem.  Both appear to
be dynamically loading the nosegneg version of libc.  So, I'm
wondering if anyone else has had problems (or successes) with either
one of these libraries.  If anyone has general tips on how to identify
the culprit, that would also be appreciated.

Thanks,
Johnny Healey
Atlanta Journal-Constitution