[Xen-devel] xenbits git instructions?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] xenbits git instructions?
From: Michael David Crawford <mdc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 19:59:25 -0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 09 May 2009 19:59:56 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I asked this same question a while back, but no one responded, so I'm asking again. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs these instructions.

How does one obtain the Xen - *not* Linux - source from git?

I asked at the Oracle summit, and was told that Xen's git is hosted at xenbits.xen.org, the same place the Mercurial repository is, but I don't have the first clue as to how to actually obtain any Xen source from the xenbits git.

I've been able to build and run the Linux tip/master git code on a Core 2 Quad Xeon box. That is, I booted the Linux kernel directly, not under Xen.

Now I'd like to actually run Xen, but to do that I need to know how to pull the Xen git sources.

Perhaps, rather than simply responding to my plea here on the list, someone would update the website so that anyone who stumbles across it would know what to do.

If you can help me out with this, quite likely I would be able to contribute useful code. But until you do, I'm completely stymied.

Believe me, I have tried - many times - to discover this information by searching the list archives and searching Google, but have never found any such instructions.

Hopefully,

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdc@xxxxxxxxx

   prgmr.com - We Don't Assume You Are Stupid.

      Xen-Powered Virtual Private Servers: http://prgmr.com/xen