[Xen-devel] Fwd: Performance measurement using Xenmon

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Performance measurement using Xenmon
From: Ananth <cbananth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 03:42:14 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 May 2009 15:13:20 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=c8/2lW2YmjIGRL/JF1B4mNd7hZB+KIjMPu4+/D8kK4E=; b=tPx8qR/RD0uiMJGnpPcwLe8XihDge1NdGD0Nrxt7CsjnsQRM6Jy8vZDvZKQ+s6WgWo 71udA7D/sVo8a93gyPGOlV+LrV/8GUoP7anXlRUCRttGP1J/qsxiKHyGsqWXPOBGaz71 WRNJCASHVSjReWBELrCqnB0GB8HsX/R6zqLkQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I have installed Xen 3.3.1 with Ubuntu 8.04 as dom0 and fedora9 (from jailtime.org) as Dom1. I have more instances of the same fedora9 with separate config files running as other guest domains. But these guest domains dont have any program / application running. So, xm list shows that they are in blocked state as no activity is happening. I wrote a shell script that counts upto large numbers just to check if the state changes. While the scripts are running, xm list does not show any state information.
I would like to compare the performance of Credit scheduler with SEDF scheduler. Also, is it possible to get the sequence in which the VMs are scheduled?

Please provide your suggestions and guidelines as to how I can go about running different I/O intensive applications as well as computation intensive applications on them, and use xenmon to evaluate their performance.

Thanks & regards
Ananth