Re: [Xen-devel] Problem starting xend in latest 3.4 release candidate

To: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Problem starting xend in latest 3.4 release candidate
From: Tim Post <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 15:44:13 +0800
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 May 2009 00:44:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Keir,

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 08:28 +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> On 05/05/2009 04:40, "Tim Post" <echo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I'm really, really bewildered. Any help is appreciated. I can't tell if
> > this is due to upgrading, or if some other strange problem has appeared
> > on my system. My Python is not the best :)
> >
> > Last night, it worked. Today, it doesn't .. and I can't think of
> > anything that happened overnight , especially since the system was shut
> > down.
>
> Looks like xend has probably tried to persist something and got itself
> confused in the process. Try deleting /var/lib/xen/* before starting xend.
>
>  -- Keir

I ended up just completely un-installing Xen (make uninstall) and
re-installing the 3.4 rc, everything is fine now. I'll see if I can
reproduce this and let you know if removing that helps.

I've been doing a lot of xenstore smashing, plus working on a split
driver .. so its very possible that my efforts are what confused Xend.

Thanks for the fast reply.

Cheers,
--Tim