RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Scheduler work, part 1: High-level goals and inter

To: George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Scheduler work, part 1: High-level goals and interface.
From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:11:41 +0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:12:26 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could you elaborate more about what's being simplified compared to
generic gang scheduling? I used to be scared by complexity to have
multiple vcpus sync in and sync out, especially with other
heterogeneous VMs (w/o gang scheduling requirement). It's possibly
simpler if all VMs in that system are hyper-pair based... :-)

Thanks
Kevin