Re: [Xen-devel] Does XEN have any hot backup/snapshot features or plan?

To: Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Does XEN have any hot backup/snapshot features or plan?
From: zign <zign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 09:16:40 +0900
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 17:17:16 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mr Brendan Cully,
Thank you for your fast reply!
LVM + checkpoint sounds reasonable, but there is problem:
if the storage and the MEM checkpoint are not saved in the
very same time, I am not sure if this is a "correct" snapshot.
You mentioned something about the migration hook that can tie
the MEM checkpoint and the LVM snapshot together. Can this
migration hook ensure that there is no "time-shift" between the
MEM and storage?

Brendan Cully 写道: