Re: [Xen-devel] Build vmlinuz-2.6.29-rc5-tip

Andrew Lyon writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] Build vmlinuz-2.6.29-rc5-tip"):
> Because the ioemu-remote sources do not exist until the build process
> downloads them I had to use a very crude method, I started the Xen
> build process and paused it every few seconds using ctrl+z, if
> tools/ioemu-remote/hw/pass-through.c exists I applied the patch, if
> not I resumed the process using "fg <enter>", after a while its easy
> to spot when the code is downloaded.

This is not necessary.  You can easily clone the qemu-xen-unstable
source yourself and get the xen-unstable tree to use that instead;
this is probably the easiest way.

Change to the parent directory of your xen-unstable tree and say
  git-clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/git-http/qemu-xen-unstable.git
and then create
  xen-unstable.hg/.config
containing
  CONFIG_QEMU=/u/iwj/work/qemu-xen-unstable
or whatever the path is.

Ian.