From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Christian
Tramnitz
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:31
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: VT-D RMRR is incorrect

Dustin,

I couldn't really get what you were trying to say (I never mentioned
AMD...) but anyway this isn't really Linux specific it's a BIOS bug.
Unfortunately the only way to get in contact with that bug is to either
use Xen or enable DMRR in the vanilla Linux kernel. If this cannot be
fixed in software I'll probably return the board to the store and get an
Intel DX58SO instead...

Yoshiharu, have you tested Xen-unstable yet? When commenting out the
EFAULT you mentioned I get an immediate panic related to the rmrr
address conflict on the latest 3.4-unstable tree.

@Xen devs: Is this something that could be worked around in Xen or do we
really have to rely on exact RMRR values for vtd to work?
See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/43937 for
more details.

Thanks,
    Christian