Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Continuing problems booting

M A Young wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

That's a pity; I was hoping those problems would be behind us... Do you have any log messages relating to them?

ata is still timimg out, and the devices don't work. Some errors from a kvm boot are
ata1: PATA max MWDMA2 cmd 0x1f0 ctl 0x3f6 bmdma 0xc000 irq 14
ata2: PATA max MWDMA2 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 bmdma 0xc008 irq 15
ata2.00: ATAPI: QEMU DVD-ROM, 0.9.1, max UDMA/100
ata2.00: configured for MWDMA2
Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -2149391501 ns)
ata2.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xa0)
ata2.00: TEST_UNIT_READY failed (err_mask=0x4)
ata2.00: configured for MWDMA2
ata2.00: qc timeout (cmd 0xa0)
ata2.00: TEST_UNIT_READY failed (err_mask=0x4)
ata2.00: limiting speed to MWDMA2:PIO3
ata2.00: configured for MWDMA2

ata2.00: TEST_UNIT_READY failed (err_mask=0x4)
ata2.00: disabled
ata2: soft resetting link
ata2: EH complete

This is under qemu/kvm?

Can you include the complete boot output, and compare a native boot of the dom0 kernel too?

I haven't yet seen the NULL pointer dereferences in x86_64, but for i686 boot they would just be part of the ordinary system startup, which I think in that case might have got far enough to try to fire off an X boot screen (the kernel was from before the last couple of days of drm related fixes were applied).

Hm, I don't see what would be causing them, regardless.