RE: [Xen-devel] Xen/pv_ops features/patches for 2.6.29? (updating wiki)

To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx" <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Xen/pv_ops features/patches for 2.6.29? (updating wiki)
From: "Nakajima, Jun" <jun.nakajima@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:58:51 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 10:59:34 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/13/2009 10:28:07 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> > Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote on 02/10/09 :-
> >   I'm in the middle of migrating it all to git, still planning to
> > get at least basic dom0 support into the next merge window. And
> > failing that, it should be easier for people to fetch a git tree
> > than piece things together as they have to now.
> >
> >  It sounds for me like stable 2.6.29 will already have basic Dom0
> > support,
> >
> The next merge window is 2.6.30.

I noticed that the changes like
        if (xen_initial_domain())

For example,
static inline unsigned int io_apic_read(unsigned int apic, unsigned int reg)
{
        struct io_apic __iomem *io_apic;

        if (xen_initial_domain())
                return xen_io_apic_read(apic, reg);

        io_apic = io_apic_base(apic);
        writel(reg, &io_apic->index);
        return readl(&io_apic->data);
}

Do you think those need to be wrapped by pv_ops? Probably it's better to
replace such functions (e.g. io_apic_read/write) with Xen-specific ones, rather
than adding hooks.

             .
Jun Nakajima | Intel Open Source Technology Center